Problems on Conical Pendulum:
- A cord 5.0 m long is fixed at one end and to its their end is attached a weight which describes a horizontal circle of radius 1.2 m. Compute the speed of the weight in the circular path. Find its time period.
- A stone of mass 1 kg is whirled in a horizontal circle attached at the end of 1 m long string making an angle of 30O with the vertical. Find the period and centripetal force if g = 9.8m/s².
- A string of length 0.5 m carries a bob of mass 0.1 kg with a period 1.41 s. Calculate the angle of inclination of string with vertical and tension in the string.
- A conical pendulum has a length of 50 cm. Its bob of mass 100 g performs a uniform circular motion in a horizontal plane in a circle of radius 30 cm. Find a) the angle made by the string with the vertical b) the tension in the string c) the period d) the speed of the bob e) centripetal acceleration of the bob f) centripetal and centrifugal force acting on the bob.
- In a conical pendulum, a string of length 120 cm is fixed at a rigid support and carries a mass of 150 g at its free end. The mass is revolved in a horizontal circle of radius 0.2 m around the vertical axis. Calculate the tension in the string.
- A conical pendulum has length 1 m and the angle made by the string with vertical is 10°. The mass of the bob is 0.2 kg. Find a) tension in the string b) The period of circular motion of the bob of the pendulum.
- A conical pendulum has length 2 m with a bob of mass 0.1 kg. If the angular speed of the bob is 14/ √10 rad s-1.Find the tension in the string.
- A stone of mass 1 kg is whirled in a horizontal circle attached at one end of 1m long string. If a string makes an angle of 30O with the vertical. calculate the centripetal force acting on it.
- 1.7 m/s, 4.41 s
- 1.867 s, 5.657 N
- 8O52’, 0.992N
- 36O52’, 1.225 N, 1.27 s, 1.48 m/s, 0.73 N
- 1.49 N
- 1.99 N, 1.992 s
- 3.92 N
- 5.66 N
Solutions of above problems will be uploaded soon on this page
Click Here to Go back Next Topic